Alfa Laval Aalborg Nijmegen BV develops, manufactures and sells equipment for the maritime industry. The installation and maintenance of these systems on board is also coordinated from Nijmegen. (See our website at www.alfalaval.com). Inside the Product Centre EGC (Exhaust Gas Cleaning) & IGS (Inert Gas Systems) of the organization is due to growth the following position available: Project Purchaser.
Main purpose of the job
- Set-up and maintenance of a Procurement Schedule in line with the overall project schedule.
- Approval or rejection of potential Suppliers and Contractors in line with the established QA requirements and ALAN guidelines. Reports directly to the Project Manager (functional) and the Supply Chain Manager (hierarchical)
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide input to the Project Schedule regarding product lead time and/or purchasing time needed
- Prepare Requests for Quotation (RFQ) documents in accordance with technical, commercial, and quality requirements
- Expedite timely bid submission, obtain and control quotations
- Coordinate requests for technical clarification, commercial communications and bid clarification meetings
- Conduct commercial negotiations and ensure properly documented achievements with regard to cost and terms & conditions
- Prepare commercial bid comparison and prepare a purchase recommendation for approval by the Project Manager if purchase price exceeds budget
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (PO’s) and their revisions and follow-up order acknowledgement from Suppliers and Contractors
- Organize and coordinate necessary Kick-Off Meetings, Pre-manufacturing Meetings and subsequent inspections
- Monitor (possibly execute or manage in case of large complex projects) the expediting, inspection and forwarding activities and intervene as required
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager as to cost data, equipment/material lead times and respective trends; and provide support to project proposal preparation and estimating activities
- Bachelor Degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering completed with NEVI 1 (+2 preferably).
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a Sourcing-, Purchase-, Supply chain department.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.