- Oversees and is responsible for service and product quality in a section of a main restaurant, specialty restaurant or buffet venue.
- Directs, coordinates, supports and assists the service provided to guests by the respective wait staff teams under his/her direct supervision.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Minimum of two years experience as an Assistant Maitre D’, Headwaiter or Senior Waiter in a large cruise ship or a combination of ship and/or large hotel experience in the positions Restaurant Manager, Team Lead or Supervisor.
- Managerial experience in handling one specialty restaurant, a section of a large main restaurant or a buffet-style restaurant.
- Proven ability to manage and direct a multinational and/or multicultural team.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding industry service standards and guest satisfaction results.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Word Perfect and Excel.
- Experience with computerized Restaurant Reservations and Table Management systems preferred.